POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Using a couple of proximity patterns : Re: Using a couple of proximity patterns Server Time
31 Jul 2024 14:31:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using a couple of proximity patterns
From: m a r c
Date: 4 Sep 2009 05:56:35
Message: <4aa0e453@news.povray.org>
Hi
I tested Edouard's df3prox test scene with some meshes
I don't see such artifacts.
I use :
#declare resolution = <30,30,30>;
#declare num_samples = 100;
#declare sample_radius_fraction = 4;

I still have to test the others methods :-)

Marc

message de news: 4aa0da0c@news.povray.org...
> Hi all,
>
> I promised to show some results of my experimentation with proximity
> patterns, using my cenotaph building. The attached image shows three
> results, from top to bottom:
>
> - Patina2 macro (Rune Johansen/James Coons; 2003/2004). The pattern gives
> an
> interesting result for the building but it renders veeeerrrryyy slowly.
> The
> image took more than three hours to complete.
>
> - df3prox macro (Edouard Poor; 2009). Something rather similar to Patina2.
> Parsing the present df3 file took about half an hour but the render was
> very
> fast. I believe that I have not yet got the parameters correctly as there
> are still some artifacts showing.
>
> - fastprox3 macro (Sam Benge; 2009). Very fast parsing/rendering. I added
> here an adapted version of the wear pattern provided by Sam in his demo
> file
> to get a more interesting result. The settings especially of the pigment
> in
> the pigment_map block seems to be more tricky than with the other
> patterns.
> I am not really sure why.
>
> What do you think?
>
> --
> All the best,
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'DF3Prox_Ajax_Aphrodite.jpg' (47 KB)

Preview of image 'DF3Prox_Ajax_Aphrodite.jpg'
DF3Prox_Ajax_Aphrodite.jpg